Friday, October 31, 2014
Was it near a highway? Were the listing agent's photos accurate or misleading?
Maybe the buyer agent took 50-100 photos, or a walking video, of their own of the property, giving you a real view of what it looks like without the professional photography.
Let me know if you want more stuff like this.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
See an example with a search in Arlington Virginia homes for sale.
Well now, we will show a symbol when there is a listing that meets the following criteria
Friday, May 24, 2013
Also, now you can login and retrieve your saved searches from the cell mode. Some people even use the cell mode at www.FranklyMLS.com/cell to do their main desktop searches because it is so fast and simple.
A couple of tips: The less info you put the better. If looking for a specific home try just 2 variables:
1) the street #
2) the zipcode or street name
Don't put in stuff like "St." or extra small words. Just try two. Soon you will be able to favorite individual listings from the cell mode too.
Written by Frank
Thursday, May 23, 2013
For iPhone watch the video below or follow these steps:
1) Go to www.franklymls.com/cell
2) Press the [>] button at the bottom
3) Select "Add to Home Screen"
For Android, watch the video below or take these steps.
1) go to www.franklymls.com/cell
2) Save page as a bookmark ("add bookmark" from menu at bottom of phone)
3) GO back into bookmarks, and HOLD the screen over the bookmarked page
4) Select "add shortcut to Home"
If you prefer the main FranklyMLS.com page, you can also make a shortcut icon for that. You can even make an icon AFTER you conduct a search, so you are 1 button away from seeing the results page and all homes in the search you want.
Hope this helps!
Friday, December 28, 2012
Thanks to Megan for this suggestion.
Frank p.s. We also have buyer agent commissions being shown, more on that soon!
Monday, October 8, 2012
She found a service called Open Signal that does this and wrote about it in this blog post. She challenged all large and small home search sites to see who would incorporate it first.
I was on it.
But it first required a "key" from the company.
So I did the next best thing while waiting for that key. I now made it so in one click you can verify the coverage of ATT. The address is already built into the link, just send it off. Just like you love the Verify Schools link (certain counties).
Soon this dynamic link will work for Verizon, Tmobile and Sprint. For now they are simply links that require you to re-enter the address. I couldn't do it immediately since I am about to head out on a 20 mile run, a new record for me (sorry too much info??).
So what do you think?
To those that say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", sorry I made the site a tad better today.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Ok, so after a year of effort we have launched the new design. (not to be confused with the database crash bugs and glitches recently occurring)
The reviews are mixed. Some hate it because it doesn't work perfectly for them, while it might work perfectly for others. The problem is we are trying to do so much, and are such bleeding edge with this stuff that we can't test it out on all 10,000 variations of browser sizes, types, version, Mac or PC.
So we need your help. Tell us what you like and what you don't like. We can tweak it so it will work on more browsers.
Just so you know, here is the goal.
GOAL 1: LARGER DEFAULT IMAGE ON POP UP
a) Old way. After doing a spreadsheet search one would mouseover a MLS# to see the 4 inch preview image. The images were preloaded so it would be screaming fast. Ie, the image would appear in under .1 seconds after mousing over the MLS#.
b) New way Attempt #1: A mouseover of the MLS# would show the LARGE image as the default. 4x larger. We also preloaded these images so they would be instant, but it crashed many computers since thefilze sizes were so big. 100 results x Large images = too much for some.
c) New way Attempt #2: Instead of preloading the default image, we call them up after you mouseover. The upside is it doesn't crash some of your computers. The downside is the .1 second reaction time jumps to .5 seconds or even 1 second, which is too slow for us instant gratitude people.
d) Proposed new way: Stick to the preloaded middle size images, but keeping the new pop up for the other benefits (see below). You can see the larger main image (after doing another rollover) 1 second after the instant middle size image.
GOAL 2: SEE ALL 30 IMAGES FROM THE POP UP
a) This custom pop up software (after 6 programmers failed to achieve this) is more interactive. It lets the user see all 10-30 more photos, all in the huge size, all from within the pop up. No need to go to the full listing page. A huge time saver (eventually once the bugs are gone)
GOAL #3 Coming soon: See ALL DATA in POP UP
a) Now it will also let you see the remarks and address and price like before. But soon it will show most of the same data available in the Full listing. Tax assessment, former price, #bdr, etc. REALLY saving time.
So keep emailing me your thoughts. Be kind. Jerks will be told to go elsewhere. Send screen shots if something looks funky and if I only hear from the negative nellies, those that like it might lose out.
Other fixes: Login was being hidden based on your browser width. That has been fixed.
p.s. Please leave a comment about your thoughts (consider reading the other comments too). And use a name other than Anonymous. Heck use a fake name. It makes it easier to reply to a different name. Also try and include your computer type and monitor type.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Vienna "Open House"
22101 "Open House"
"Open House" Lake Barcroft
An hour after the open house ends, the search should no longer show that OH. Note that most agents place OHs midweek.
Frank LLosa, J.D.
Broker www.FranklyRealty.com Better Technology, Better Agents.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Currently we only have Fairfax, Arlington and Washington DC. If you all like it, maybe we can add more.
Disclaimer: Don't buy a home solely based on this data. We also have a "Verify School" link. But ultimately if a school is crucial to your purchase, you need to call the district to verify that everything is up to date and nothing is changing.
Also let me know if you think anything is wrong.
Note this data IGNORES the agent school input field and is based solely on the county maps.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
- Cleaner layout. Moving the search box to the bottom after a search.
- More clear how to search for Sold properties when you are out in the car.
- Added subdivision info on the results page
- See your saved favorites! You will first have to login on the front page of FranklyMLS.com from your cell phone (Yeah I know not ideal) but you will only have to do it once. Then you can save stuff on your computer and when you go out in your car, you can see all of your favorites.
Up next, GPS based "Homes Near You" and "Open Houses Near you"
Anything else you want to see?
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
1) Start from a clean slate. Click http://franklymls.com/clear to make the site act like a new user/visitor (ie no cookies).
2) Hit your branded page. Aka www.FranklyMLS.com/YOURID
3) Conduct a search, for example Arlington Condos from $500k to $600k
4) In the middle of the page it lets you "Save Search" by entering in your clients email address. Enter their email and press Join/Login (no passwords needed)
5) It will ask the user (you) to confirm the link in their email.
6) If you signed up under your branded page, YOU, the Realtor will get a copy of the confirmation email. Either you OR the client can confirm the sign up.
7) Go back to FranklyMLS.com/YourID and if it does not say "Welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org" then
log in as them on the front page, upper right corner.
8) Conduct more searches and save those searches. Also if there are special homes you want them to get price change alerts on (you get a copy of all alerts) then click the RED HEART to save those homes.
9) Finish by logging out, by visiting http://franklymls.com/clear (or there is a Logout button on the search page, but don't hit the Unsubscribe button)
Done. Great! Your client will now get daily emails "From Realtor's Name" and you will get a copy of those alerts (which you should route to a folder to check periodically). They can change it to update every 15 minutes by following the directions in the alerts.
EMail me if you have any questions
To make changes to an existing account.
1) Clear out your session http://franklymls.com/clear
2) Go to your IDX Franklymls.com/USERID
3) Login with their email address
4) Conduct searches, save searches, save homes, delete saved homes, etc.
5) When done, clear out your session http://franklymls.com/clear
Let me know if that isn't clear. Let me know if you log in as a user and you don't see your branding on every page.
Coming soon, a live tutorial demo.